Tuesday, December 13, 2011

How to remove default Trust relationship between parent and child domain

Hello Guys,

I encountered a error with the trust relationship between my parent domain and child domain. I couldn't reset the trust password nor delete the trust.

I found a solution to this problem. I hope this helps.

"1. Run ADSIEdit in the parent domain.

2. While connecting select default naming context

3. Go to the System container.

4. You should see a TrustedDomain object called CN=<ChildDomainName> -> Delete this object.

5. Go to the Users container.

6. You should see a User object called CN=<ChildDomainName$> Delete this object.

7. Force Replicate throughout the parent domain so all DC's in the parent recognize this change.

8. Perform the steps 1-7 in the child domain as well (TrustedDomain & User object will show CN=<ParentDomainName> & CN=<ParentDomainName$>)

9. Once replicated, reboot the PDC in both domains.

10. In the parent domain, open Active Directory Domains and Trusts, create a new trust with the child domain (create on both sides).

In addition, please check the following:

1.    Verify that DNS works find in both domains.

2.    On the PDC in the parent domain, type the command nltest /dsgetdc:ChildDomain /force
On the PDC in the child domain, type the command nltest /dsgetdc:ParentDomain /force
and check the result."

 ref

Please note that it best that you have a backup copy of your domain controller (PDC) for both child and parent domain before proceeding with above steps.

3 comments:

  1. There are certain point in our life that we encounter failure but it doesn't mean you will lose hope and give up everything but it only means that every failure there's an exchange and that is new beginning. Well, thank you for sharing your article and keep on posting. Visit my site too for more information.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


    edupdf.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your article is such a privilege. It does inspire me,
    I hope that you can share more positive thoughts. Visit my site too.
    The link is posted below.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete